We're so glad you're here! Cheerleading is so much more than just rooting on the team. It teaches leadership, confidence and teamwork. The skills learned during practices and games translate far beyond the field. At Walton Youth Cheer, we work hard to provide a fun environment where character building takes priority. Each year we watch as cheerleaders find their voice, make new friends and learn new skills and we LOVE to see it happen!
Walton Youth Cheer is a volunteer-run, not-for-profit organization. We are so grateful to all those who come together each year - and all year - to make this program possible.
At the bottom of this page you will find some basic information about our program. Should you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go Raiders! Karen Rippeon, Cheer Director
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THE 2020 CHEER SEASON! Click the button below to register for cheer or tackle football
The Basics Below is some basic information about the Walton Youth Cheer program. Please feel free to reach out with additional questions!
Program Info *At WYC, we aim to provide a FUN experience for the cheerleaders in an environment that helps them build CONFIDENCE and foster FRIENDSHIPS!
* No cheer experience is necessary and we do not conduct tryouts.
* WYC is a traditional sideline cheer program, not a competition cheer program, in which cheerleaders cheer in support of the Walton Youth Football (K-5) teams.
* Cheerleaders MUST be in grades K-5 for the corresponding school year and MUST cheer for the school district for which they are zoned. Example: for the 2019 cheer season, the cheerleader must be in grades K-5 for the 2019-2020 school year. Example: if a cheerleader is zoned for Walton HS, they will cheer for Walton Youth Cheer. (If you are not zoned for Walton, please reach out and we can attempt to get you in touch with the program you are zoned for as each district's youth program runs independently.)
Practices & Games * The cheer season begins with the first practice, which is generally held the Monday before school starts. The season can last until the week before Thanksgiving, depending on how far the football team you're cheering for goes into the playoffs.
* Practices are held on Monday and Wednesday nights at Fullers Park.
* Game schedules are generally announced in August. Generally speaking, games are played on Saturdays, though once in a while there might be a Thursday night game. Games are played both at home at Walton HS and away at high schools in and around Cobb County, Roswell and Paulding County.
*Squads are coached by current and former Walton High School cheerleaders and they work HARD to make sure the cheerleaders are having fun and learning skills! The Youth Cheerleaders learn the same (or slightly modified) versions of the cheers and chants used by the Junior (Middle School) and High School cheerleaders. Cheerleaders will learn jumps and simple stunts - with plenty of spotting for safety!
Squad Formation * Cheerleaders are paired with siblings who cheer or play Walton Youth Football to accommodate gameday logistics for families.
* Every attempt (really and truly!) is made to accommodate requests to cheer with friends; however, squad selection is based on a number of factors so friend requests cannot be guaranteed. Friend requests can be made during registration or sent via email to email@example.com using "Friend Request" in the subject line.
*Squads are formed after the football draft. PLEASE be patient - it's a process and takes time!